Lavender and Rosemary Panna cotta
Sophie Dorber of The Anchor, Walberswick
• 750ml double cream
• 250ml milk
• 3 gelatine leaves
• 1 vanilla pod
• 250g caster sugar
• 2 sprigs of lavender leaves
• 2 sprigs of rosemary
For the Jelly
• 2 punnets Physalis
• 1 cup cater sugar
• 100ml water
• Juice of half a lemon
• 3tbsp toasted pine nuts
• 1 leaf gelatine
1. Heat the cream, milk, sugar, herbs and split vanilla pod until at a simmer.
2. Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water until soft, drain well and then stir into the cream mixture until melted. Strain and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
3. To make the jelly, poach the physallis in sugar, water and lemon juice until soft, add toasted pine nuts.
4. Soak a single gelatine leaf in cold water until soft, then add it to poached fruit.
5. In dariole moulds, add 20-30ml of jelly mixture and set in fridge to form a layer.
6. Once set, top up mould with cream mixture and set overnight.
Dip each mould into hot water for 5 seconds then turn onto a plate. Serve with shortbread and a nice glass of pudding wine.