Suffolk Coastal Business & Community Awards 2018 open for entries
The Suffolk Coastal Business & Community Awards open for nominations on 5th October 2017 and remain open for entries until 5th January 2018. This year’s awards categories cover teamwork, growth, services to the community, health & wellbeing, customer service and tourism.
Each award aims to recognise the contributions, initiatives and successes of businesses, groups and individuals within the Suffolk Coastal District over the past 18 months. The winners will be announced at a black-tie awards dinner at The Hangar, Kesgrave Hall on 15th March 2018.
The line-up of 2018 sponsors includes: Christies Care, EB Carpets, EDF Energy, Gotelee Solicitors, Places for People Leisure, Suffolk Places, Ufford Park and Suffolk Coastal District Council and Suffolk Coastal Norse.
Councillor TJ Haworth-Culf, Suffolk Coastal District Council’s cabinet Member with responsibility for Customers, Communities and Leisure, said: “We’re expecting this year’s awards to be bigger than ever as we look to reward more businesses, groups and individuals who are making a real difference in the community.
“This year we have two new awards, the ‘Food & Drink Retailer of the year’ and the ‘Big Bang Award’ which looks to recognise those driving the growth of science, technology, engineering and manufacturing in this area. There’s so much innovation happening in this part of the world, we need the public’s help in finding those who inspire the community and make this a special place to live – so get nominating!”
Charles Rowett, CEO of Gotelee Solicitors – sponsors of the welcome drinks - added: “It’s a real pleasure for us to sponsor the Suffolk Coastal Business and Community Awards for the second time. With our new coastal footprint and strong corporate offering to businesses, it’s a no brainer for us to be sponsoring these awards that reward good business.”
For more information on the awards or to nominate someone for an award visit www.scbca.co.uk
The full list of awards and sponsors is as follows.
- New Business of the Year sponsored by EB Carpets Felixstowe
- Business Growth Award sponsored by Suffolk Coastal District Council
- Customer Focus Award sponsored by Christies Care
- Encouraging Tourism sponsored by Suffolk Places
- Services to the community (group) sponsored by Suffolk Coastal Norse
- Services to the community (individual) sponsored by Places for People
- Big Bang Award sponsored by EDF Energy
- Club of the Year sponsored by Ufford Park
- Great Idea Award sponsored by Suffolk Coastal District Council
- Food & Drink Retailer of the Year sponsored by East Suffolk Food Trails
- Health & Wellbeing sponsored by De Vere Care
- People Development
- Team of the Year