NEW OPTION FOR ART LOVERS IN EAST SUFFOLK
Local Artists Combine Forces to Create New Easterly Artists’ Trail in Waveney
Five local artists in the Waveney district are collaborating on a new Easterly Artists’ Trail and opening their studios to the public, as part of this year’s Suffolk Open Studios.
The new Easterly Trail offers visitors across Waveney a unique opportunity to visit the artists’ own studios and look “behind the scenes” to see them at work and ask questions about their practice. Entry to all participating studios is free.
The artists taking part are:
• Hilary Barry (Painting, Kessingland) – click here to download a photo
• Hugh Davies (Print, Lowestoft)
• Lisa Hurcum (Print, Lowestoft)
• Fiona Shreeve (Sculptural Ceramics, Somerleyton) – click here to download a photo
• Nina Roffey (Artmaker, Beccles) – click here to download a photo
Click here to download biographies of all participating artists.
Lisa Hurcum commented: “There is a huge reservoir of artistic talent in the North-East of Suffolk outside the standard known centres, but many people never get to hear about or see it. We aim to fill that gap by giving our visitors a taste of what they’re missing and whet their appetite to find out more about just how much is available on their doorstep.”
The Easterly Trail is open 11am–5pm, Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 June. However, individual artists’ studios are also open on other weekends in June, at the same times:
• Hilary Barry (Painter, Kessingland): 2–3 June, 9–10 June
• Hugh Davies (Print, Lowestoft): 23–24 June
• Lisa Hurcum (Print, Lowestoft): 23–24 June
• Fiona Shreeve (Sculptural ceramics, Somerleyton): 2–3 June, 9–10 June
• Nina Roffey (Artmaker, Beccles): 9–10 June
Click here to download the Easterly Artists’ Trail flyer, with details and addresses of all participating artists plus opening times.