Paul Flowerdew, Ufford Park
• 200g nuts (try Pecans, Almonds, Hazelnuts, Pistachio, Brazil, Cashew's or a mix of all of them!)
• 140g Icing Sugar
• 3 table spoons of Grand Marnier (alternatively you can use Cointreau or Spiced Rum)
1. Mix together all the ingredients in a pan and place over a moderate heat.
2. Stir constantly allowing the mix to caramelise and turn brown - making sure all the nuts are well coated.
3. Pour the nuts onto some greaseproof paper. Don't worry if they are all stuck together as they are easily separated when cool.
4. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
5. Serve with coffee as an alternative to after dinner mints or as nibbles.